2019 Melbourne Water Kids Teaching Kids Conference #MWKTK19
Registrations for 2019 have filled.
We are pleased to host 53 schools from all over Australia this year at the Melbourne Water Kids Teaching Kids conference!Unfortunately due to high demand this event is now full but if you would like your school to be on the waitlist please call our conference manager Michelle Tripp at the office - 03)8327 8481.
Venues: University of Melbourne & Collingwood Children's Farm
Dates: Tuesday 29th - Wednesday 30th of October 2019
Education is the key to lasting project success and a tangible cultural change in the way we view and manage our environment. The Kids Teaching Kids conferences have been held around Australia for the last 19 years.
Theme:Cities, Energy, Waste, Biodiversity – Water? In Australia more than 90% of people live in cities. We are one of the most urbanised nations in the world. Cities contribute more than 75% of global CO2 emissions. This means cities are a big part of the problem, but they can also be a big part of the solution. Cities can have a significant impact on water, waste, energy and biodiversity. This year’s conference them poses a question: How does water connect or relate to cities, energy, waste and biodiversity? The short answer is that water is not only the basis of life, it plays a critical role in just about every aspect of life.
The 13th annual Melbourne Water Kids Teaching Kids Conference will allow students from Melbourne and regional Victorian schools to look at whole of catchment issues. Students from around Melbourne and Victoria will bring local stories about their environments to the Conference, after many months of research and planning with expert mentors. This event will also allow for the development of cross-state and cross-curriculum materials, processes, presentation materials and networks of professionals and teachers interested in water education and natural resource management in general.
The objectives of the 2019 Melbourne Water Kids Teaching Kids Conference are:
- To build on the existing successful Kids Teaching Kids program to deliver a comprehensive education peer-teaching program
- To increase water literacy within schools and the greater community across Melbourne and Victoria
- To establish a solid understanding of the threats to the health of our waterways with a view to their protection by all who live near them
- To provide young people with the opportunity to decide how they will be heard, now and into the future
How to register (please note this years conference is full)
- First you will need to create an account (if you don't already have one)
- Next you will need to log in to access the registration page
- Select the "Melbourne Water Conference" button and enter your details
- While you're there, why not sign up to participate in Kids Teaching Kids Week as well?!
Meet the Water Warriors
Melbourne Water Water Warriors defend out water and make a positive impact on the urban water cycle.
The Water Warriors are also part of the 2018 Melbourne Water Kids Teaching Kids Conference - you can meet them here and find out more about what they do.
You can also check out the 2018 MWKTK Conference Brochure (see below).
|Document||File size||Download link|
|2018 MWKTK Conference Flyer||1 MB||Click to Download|
|2018 MWKTK Conference Brochure||2 MB||Click to Download|