About Kids Teaching Kids
The Kids Teaching Kids Program promotes positive wellbeing and helps build resilience in young people. It raises awareness and drives action on local and global environmental issues, bringing communities together to solve common challenges and help the next generation of leaders who will take collective responsibility for our future.
We connect and challenge students with real world issues, inspiring them to want to know more. By giving students the opportunity to present a workshop to others during Kids Teaching Kids Week or at one of the Kids Conferences, students see that they can have a positive impact on the world, starting in their own communities. They are given tools to manage their own learning and become confident, caring and informed citizens ready to take on new challenges.
Kids Teaching Kids Program recognition
- 2002 – 2004 finalist for the Eureka Science Prize – Education Category
- 2003 – 2005 finalist in the Banksia Awards – Education Category
- 2004 – World Environment Day Awards Finalist – Outstanding Service to the Environment
- 2010 – Banksia Environmental Awards – People Choice Award
- 2012 – Telstra Australia Business Awards (VIC Winner) – News Limited Micro-Business Award